The grilled smoked salmon roulade with cream cheese and dill is the perfect family meal or shared dish for summer barbecue.
The inspiration for this salmon roll comes from mine Smoked Salmon Quiche And mine Slowly cook salmon. I have other salmon dishes, but I want an eye-catching salmon recipe that you can bring to parties and family gatherings.
It goes well with leafy green salads, extra virgin olive oil is everywhere, or Grilled cheese asparagus.
Ingredients and substitutes
The meat rolls only need eggs, seasonings and herbs. This is a simple recipe, soft and fluffy, and versatile.
- Egg -Only use whole fresh eggs, do not use cartons.
- Dill -You can use fresh dill or dried dill.
- Salt -I like to use iodized sea salt or pink Himalayan salt.
The meat rolls are topped with a delicious mixture of cream cheese and smoked salmon fillets.
- Cream cheese -I use full cream cheese. If you choose to use other varieties, be sure to check the nutrition label of the carbohydrate grams. The carbohydrate content of the lite or low-fat version is usually higher.
- smoked salmon -Try to buy fresh smoked salmon, and if possible, avoid using canned salmon. The taste and texture are very different. You can also use cooked salmon fillets, crush them and add them to the filling.
- Lemon juice -Fresh lemon juice is best for this recipe.
- Dill -You can use fresh dill or dried dill.
- Capers -Optional, but they add a wonderful flavor to the meat roll filling.
- seasoning -You may not need too much salt or black pepper, because capers are already a salty punch.
1: First, you need to make egg rolls. Separate the whole fresh egg and place the egg whites in the bowl of a food processor. Whip until soft peaks form.
In a small mixing bowl, combine egg yolks, seasonings, and fresh dill. Gently pour the egg yolk mixture into the whipped egg whites.
2: Pour into the prepared baking dish and grease or line with parchment paper. Or, pour on a pan (or canned Swiss roll) lined with parchment paper.
hint: Bake only until golden brown. You want the meat rolls to remain soft and easy to roll on the workbench. Not crispy or crispy.
3: In a small bowl, combine cream cheese, fresh lemon juice, dill, salt and pepper, capers and smoked salmon. Use a rubber spatula or the back of a large spoon to lightly spread on the meat rolls.
Use baking parchment paper (or tea towel, plastic wrap, plastic wrap, baking paper, etc.) to roll the salmon-filled meat roll into a tube.
4: Use a sharp knife to cut large slices on the cutting board and serve with lemon wedges or lemon slices.
- Spinach Salmon Roulade -Add sliced, cooked and drained spinach to the egg roll mixture before baking.
- Child friendly -If these are their favorite seafood, use canned salmon or canned tuna. Even the most discerning diners will please this during family meal times.If they really need it, please contact Sugar-free barbecue sauce.
- Cream cheese -You can replace half of the cream cheese with thick sour cream, cottage cheese, ricotta cheese or shortbread. Thsi can be applied more easily on the cooked base.
- Salmon roulade with spinach and feta -This is a combination of classic and traditional, but in fact Spinach and Feta It blends perfectly with smoked salmon or salmon steak. Add diced goat milk to the cream cheese filling. Before rolling up, spread baby spinach leaves on top of the filling.
Salmon is tender and tender, so it is best to pair it with a simple side dish or a simple sauce. This is also an elegant dish, so don’t cook too much with a thousand side dishes. One side dish is enough. Especially suitable for dinner parties.
If you eat this warm food in winter, grilled cheese asparagus will turn this delicate meal into a stronger winter meal.
The best side dish for salmon
Crispy and spicy Coleslaw It may seem strange, but it is the perfect side dish for salmon. The crunchy contrasts sharply with the fluffy meat rolls, and the spicy lime salad dressing does not overwhelm the smoked salmon.
Best sauce for salmon
The most beautiful and delicate sauce that goes with salmon is Pesto. Its mild garlic flavor is enough to enjoy, but it does not exceed the subtle salmon flavor.
Dill mayonnaise It is another classic sauce suitable for salmon. It is quick and easy to make, and it can also be paired with salads.
Stuffed meat rolls are best eaten fresh. Before serving, it must be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator. You can store it in this way for up to 3 days.
Unfilled meat rolls must be cooled and can be used immediately, or they can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours.
Whether to eat at room temperature or refrigerated depends on personal preference.
These ingredients cannot withstand freezing.
Do not freeze empty meat rolls or filled with salmon cream cheese filling. Their texture is very light, the bubbles will burst, the cream cheese will crack, and the meat rolls will be chewy once thawed.
Tips at the top
Before adding the salmon cheese dill and lemon filling, be sure to cool the meat rolls completely. If you are in a hurry, remove it from the baking tray and place it on a wire cooling rack until it is completely cooled.
Smoked Salmon Cream Cheese Roulade (Ketogenic Friendly)
Please rate this recipe
Serving size: 5 Blockbuster
Net carbohydrates: 2.4G
Very delicious high-protein ketone smoked salmon and cream cheese roulade. Serve cold with a large salad or cut into small pieces for appetizers during the festive barbecue.
Adjust the weight: 5 Blockbuster
Prevent the screen from dimming
Whisk the egg whites until hard peaks form.
In a small jar, mix the egg yolks with chopped dill, salt and pepper.
Fold the egg yolk gently into egg white.
Pour into a 20cmx30cm/8 inch x 12 inch baking pan lined with baking parchment paper.
Bake at 180F/350F for 10 minutes, until cooked and almost golden brown.
Smoked salmon filling
Use a fork to mix cream cheese, lemon juice, dill, salt and pepper until smooth.
Spread lightly on the cooled egg rolls.
Place the capers and smoked salmon evenly on the cream cheese.
Using parchment paper, roll the egg roll with smoked salmon and cream cheese filling slowly and tightly. Keep rolled, seam side down, and refrigerate for 1 hour to set.
Slice and refrigerate with salad or coleslaw.