Lean ground beef is a grocery store classic and a versatile protein for the entire family! Here are some of our best quick and easy ground beef dinner ideas and recipes for the next time you’re wondering what to make with ground beef.
Ground beef has many benefits.
- It’s affordable. Ground beef is one of the cheapest meats you can buy.
- Everyone in the family will be happy with this kid-friendly protein!
- It’s healthy in moderation (beef is packed with protein, iron, zinc, and vitamin B12).
- Ground beef can be the perfect addition in recipes that incorporate other important food groups, especially vegetables. There are many ways to use ground beef (not just hamburgers).
The recipes on this list are not only good for you, but also tasty and satisfying.
These delicious recipes are guaranteed to be enjoyed by everyone – kids and picky eaters included!
Classic Ground Beef Recipes
These classic ground beef recipes are the nostalgic ground beef dinners from your childhood. These will make you feel like you’re right back at your childhood dinner table, but with upgraded flavor.
Ground Beef Soups, Stews, and Chilis
Some of our favorite ground beef recipes are these hearty and cozy soups. These soups are great for meal prep and are perfect for busy weeknights.
Ground Beef Casseroles and Pastas
There is something about ground beef and pasta that screams comfort food. These easy recipes are just that.
Kid-Friendly Ground Beef Recipes
Serving ground beef for dinner is a quick way to make the kids at the table happy.
Mexican-Inspired Ground Beef Recipes
Asian-Inspired Ground Beef Recipes
These healthy ground beef recipes draw from Asian flavors like garlic, ginger, soy sauce, and a touch of honey.
Ground Beef Stuffed Peppers
Stuffed peppers are easy, healthy, and delicious. They can be seasoned any which way and you are free to add whatever is in the fridge; hello weeknight dinner! You can use ground turkey, chicken, or beef in many of my stuffed pepper recipes .
Freezing and Thawing Ground Beef
Ground beef is freezer friendly, so the next time it’s on sale, stock up.
- Ground beef can be frozen for 4 monthsAccording to the US Department of Agriculture, ground beef can be kept in the freezer indefinitely. But, I recommend using the meat within 4 months.
- To Freeze. Place the package of ground beef in an airtight, freezer-safe container. For extra protection, wrap the meat in plastic or freezer paper, followed by a layer of foil. Then place inside an airtight, freezer-safe container.
- To Thaw. Let thaw in the refrigerator. Once defrosted, ground beef can safely stay in the fridge for 3-5 days.
Tools for Ground Beef Recipes
- Casserole Dish. Perfect for making many of these easy ground beef dinner recipes.
- Cast Iron Skillet. This skillet is versatile and will last a lifetime.
- Chef’s KnifeEveryone needs a good, sharp knife. This one is great for chopping the veggies in many of the delicious ground beef dinner recipes.
- Mixing Bowls。 These Pyrex mixing bowls are dishwasher, microwave, and freezer safe.
- Air Fryer. This is the one I own and love. Perfect for the Air Fryer Hamburgers.
- Slow Cooker. Perfect for all those soups, stews, and chilis.
- Instant Pot. The Instant Pot truly can do it all.
- Dutch Oven. Ideal for anything from roasting, baking, frying, and more. I also like this more affordable options too.
Frequently Asked Questions
Ground beef is healthy in moderation. Ground beef is packed with protein, iron, zinc, and vitamin B12. If possible, opt for a leaner ground beef (85% or higher).
On most stovetops, a pound of ground beef takes approximately 7 to 10 minutes to brown over medium high heat. Cook ground beef to an internal temperature of 160 degrees F.
There is no need to rinse ground beef before cooking. Rinsing meat like ground beef and chicken can spread harmful bacteria all around kitchen surfaces.
Draining the excess grease from the ground beef after browning can make the dish slightly healthier, although it is not required in most recipes unless you have a lot of extra grease. The leaner ground beef you choose, the less grease you’ll have. Remember to discard of your grease correctly, and not down the sink drain!