Pepperoni pizza is like those frozen mini bagel pizzas, just made from scratch in a muffin tin with my Greek yogurt bagel dough.
My daughter loves those mini frozen bagel pizzas, so I wanted to make an easy pepperoni pizza recipe from scratch. I figured it would take too long to make bagels and then top with pizza ingredients, so I simplified them and used muffin tins instead. These mini pizzas are perfect for an afternoon snack or even a party appetizer.If your kids love these pizzas, you should try mine too Pizza Sausage Rolls and Stuffed Bagel Balls.
How to Make Pizza
- To make the pizza dough: Combine dry ingredients, then add flour. Knead the dough until sticky but not sticky. You can also use pre-made pizza dough to speed things up.
- separate the dough Divide into 16 balls and press each into a greased muffin tin.
- baked dough Bake at 375 degrees for 15 minutes, then remove from the oven.
- top your pizza: Gently press the dough into the middle of each cup to form a small well. Top each with the sauce, mozzarella cheese, and chopped pepperoni.
- grilled bite Wait another three minutes until the cheese is melted. Carefully remove the mini pizzas from the oven and let them cool before serving.
Pizza Topping Ideas and Variations
I used turkey pepperoni on the pizza but you can put whatever you like on the pizza! Here are some ideas:
- vegetarian Use chopped bell peppers or any chopped leftover vegetables
- Caprese with fresh mozzarella and basil
- Vanilla Pizza with pesto and cheese
- white pizza with ricotta, mozzarella and Italian seasoning
- dessert pizza With Nutella and mini marshmallows
- I did Homemade Bagel Dough So my pizza will have extra protein, but you can also buy pre-made pizza dough.
More pizza recipes you’ll love:
Pepperoni Pizza Bites are like those frozen mini bagel pizzas, just made from scratch in a muffin tin with my Greek yogurt bagel dough.
- olive oil spray
- 1 Cup unbleached all-purpose flour, Whole Wheat or Gluten Free Blend*, (5 oz weight)
- 2 teaspoon baking powder, Make sure it’s not expired or it won’t go up
- 3/4 teaspoon coarse salt, Diamond crystal, use less if using table salt or morton
- 1 Cup nonfat greek yogurt, Not regular yogurt, will be too sticky (I recommend Stonyfield)
- 2/3 Cup marinara or pizza sauce
- 1 Cup Part-skim shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 ounce Turkey Pepperoni, Chopped
- crushed red pepper flakes, service (optional)
Preheat oven to 375˚F, then spray two 12-cup muffin tins with oil.
Combine flour, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl and toss to coat.
Add the yogurt and stir with a fork or spatula until it looks like small crumbles.
Lightly flour a work surface, then remove the dough from the bowl and knead the dough a few times until the dough is sticky but not sticky to your hands, about 15 turns (the dough should not remain on your hands when you pull away).
Divide the dough into 16 equal-sized balls (about 25 grams each).
Press each ball into the bottom of the muffin cup and let it move up slightly.
Bake for 15 minutes, remove from oven, and carefully press ball in center to create a small well.
Top each ball with 2 teaspoons of sauce, 1 tablespoon of cheese, and a dash of pepperoni.
Return to oven and bake for 3 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
Remove from oven and cool for 2 minutes. Using a paring knife or metal spatula, carefully remove the bite, cutting at the top to remove any cheese that may be sticking to the pan.
Spray pan again and repeat with remaining dough and toppings.
Serve: 4bite, Calories: 286kcal, carbohydrate: 31G, protein: 18G, fat: 9.5G, Saturated fat: 4.5G, cholesterol: 30mg, sodium: 974mg, fiber: 1.5G, sugar: 4G
Key words: bagel pizza, cheesy pizza