You know you can Frozen meatloaf? Yes! Meatloaf is one of my favorite freezer meal recipes. Today, I will share some super simple tips to show you how to freeze meatloaf so you can stock up a healthy frozen dinner.
This article contains affiliate links. I am an affiliate of Amazon Associates and other brands and earn a small commission on eligible purchases. You are absolutely not obligated to use my link, but if you do, please thank you for supporting Organize Yourself Skinny.
When I was young, meatloaf was my least favorite dinner.However, over the years, I have learned to make a Delicious and healthy meatloaf recipe, So it has become a regular part of our weekly meal plan.
The reason we like meatloaf recipes!
- Low-fat and delicious. The meatloaf recipe on Organize Yourself Skinny is seasoned with turkey powder, but it is still moist and full of flavor.
- Versatile. Whether you want a classic meatloaf or a Greek-style meatloaf, the meatloaf can present any flavor you want to mix.
- With everything. Whether you want to eat mashed potatoes or pasta, or keep low carbs Grilled asparagus Or delicious Puree cauliflower, There are so many Healthy meatloaf noodles Choose from them.
- Frozen champion. Another reason I like meatloaf recipes is that they can be made in advance and frozen for later use. You can prepare multiple patties at once and put them in the refrigerator.
In this article, I will show you how to freeze meatloaf. These tips are suitable for ground beef or ground turkey roulade recipes.
How to freeze patties
There are several ways to freeze meatloaf.
- First, you can prepare the meatloaf and then freeze it before cooking.
- Or, you can prepare and cook meatloaf recipes thoroughly. After it is cooked and cooled, you can cut it into individual parts and freeze.
Quick description. I have frozen every turkey roll recipe on my blog. Therefore, it does not matter which formula you use; the process remains the same. This process also applies to minced beef patties recipes.
How to freeze uncooked meatloaf
Let’s freeze the meatloaf recipe before cooking-tHe is my favorite method of freezing meatloaf in large quantities. I usually freeze 3-4 patties at a time, but you can make as many as you want.
This method means that you only need to make a mess, but in the end you will prepare a hearty dinner and prepare it in the refrigerator for a month or more.
- Mix the meatloaf ingredients as usual. Put the meat mixture aside.
- Prepare a baking dish or plate, put a piece of plastic on it, and spray it with cooking spray. When you are ready to bake the patties, spraying the plastic will help the patties quickly detach from the plastic wrap. In addition, you need to choose a pan or plate suitable for freezing.
- Put a piece of plastic wrap on the baking tray or plate. The bread is formed on the plastic package. You may need to form the bread from the side so that you can put more than one on the baking sheet.
- Now you want to quickly freeze the meatloaf. Put the pan or plate in the refrigerator until the patties are frozen-this will take 1-2 hours. You want to be able to easily remove the frozen patties from the pan.
- After the meatloaf is frozen, remove it from the pan or pan and wrap it twice with plastic wrap. You want to pack tightly to expel as much air as possible.
- Next, wrap the patties in aluminum foil. I like to use plastic wrap and foil to ensure that the meatloaf will not be burned by freezing.
- Label the meatloaf and store it in the refrigerator.
Frozen patties are easy to stack and move in the refrigerator. After being completely frozen, stick them to the right place of the patties.
You can buy disposable meatloaf pans.If you get Disposable meatloaf pan, Spray the bread pan to form bread in the pan, and wrap the top with plastic wrap and foil.
How to cook frozen meatloaf
If possible, take the meatloaf out of the refrigerator the night before and place it in the refrigerator to thaw. Then remove the aluminum foil and plastic wrap before cooking and place them on the baking tray.
I recommend removing the aluminum foil and plastic wrap before the meatloaf is completely defrosted. It’s easier to deal with this way. Remember, you must stay away from other foods to eliminate contamination when handling raw meat.
The meatloaf can be frozen and cooked, so don’t worry if you forget to take it out of the refrigerator. You need to remove the plastic wrap and foil first.
If the plastic wrap makes you a little struggling, run it under warm water for a few seconds and it will fall off immediately.
When you are ready to make meatloaf, continue with this recipe.
If the meatloaf is still a bit frozen, you need to add more time to the recipe. The intermediate temperature of beef and turkey rolls should be 160 degrees Fahrenheit in order to be considered cooked and safe to eat. I found that adding 20-30 minutes to the recipe is fine.
How to freeze cooked meatloaf
Another way to freeze meatloaf is to make the meatloaf recipe completely in advance, then cut it into individual parts and freeze. This is also helpful when there are leftover meatloaf.
Cook the recipe, then cool completely before freezing.
Wrap the individual slices in plastic wrap and place them in a freezer bag. Or put the fragments in an airtight container, label them and freeze them. This is a good choice when you want to reheat an open sandwich or a quick single meal.
I often freeze meatloaf with rice and vegetables to make a generous dinner. Think of lean cuisine.
Reheat frozen cooked patties
If possible, it would be helpful to remove the frozen patties from the refrigerator the night before-this will reduce the time required to heat them in the microwave.
Heat in the microwave for 3-4 minutes or until hot.
You can also reheat it in a 350 degree oven for 10 minutes or until it gets hot.
You don’t have to worry about the patties drying out when using the tips I shared for preparing delicious, moist and healthy turkey roulade recipes.
Taking the time to store the refrigerator will ensure that you have healthy frozen food on hand for an easy lunch or busy workday evening.
Favorite healthy meatloaf recipe
This five-star Italian Pillow Meatloaf The recipe includes turkey powder, poultry sausage, marila sauce, mozzarella cheese and Italian seasoning. It’s like eating a huge meatball! To be honest, this might be the best turkey roll you have ever eaten! Make a week on Sunday or freeze dinner later.
this Mexican Meatloaf Take Taco Night to a whole new level. Made with lean turkey and seasoned with taco seasoning, salsa, green chilies and taco sauce.
Turkey Zucchini Cutlets With moist and delicious feta cheese, it will become a favorite of the whole family. This healthy meatloaf is secretly filled with vegetables, low carbohydrates and high protein. You can assemble the ingredients in advance, or you can cook them completely for a quick dinner on the weekend.
this Sausage patties with peppers and onions Juicy and full of flavor. This is everything you like Italian-Americans, but it forms a delicious and healthy meatloaf recipe. Make this on Sunday, or freeze up and enjoy later this month.
More frozen healthy dinner ideas