High Protein Cottage Cheese Veggie Dip with Za’atar is a delicious and healthy snack that’s easy to make and perfect for any time of day. A great way to get those veggies in!
High-Protein Cottage Cheese Veggie Dip with Za’atar
Cottage cheese is having a moment, and I am all for it! To make this high-protein dip, you’ll need a few simple ingredients, including cottage cheese, your favorite veggies, and za’atar seasoning. Flavorful Middle Eastern spice blend made from thyme, oregano, sesame seeds, and sumac. More cottage cheese recipes to try are Cottage Cheese Lasagna, Cottage Cheese Scrambled Eggsand this Savory Cottage Cheese Bowl.
I love finding ways to enjoy savory cottage cheese. When I bought Nancy’s probiotic cottage cheeseit reminded me of the inside of burrata or the taste of labneh, which inspired this veggie dip. The dill adds freshness, and za’atar gives it a Middle Eastern flavor.
Is cottage cheese healthy?
This dip is high in protein, thanks to the cottage cheese, which is a great source of this essential nutrient. It’s also low in calories and fat, making it an excellent choice for those watching their weight.
Cottage Cheese Dip Ingredients
- Cottage Cheese: Choose a good-quality 2% cottage cheese, like Nancy’s or Good Culture.
- olive oil to drizzle on top
- Dill: Mix a tablespoon of chopped fresh dill into the dip and garnish with more.
- Za’atar: You can find za’atar at most grocery stores. But if you don’t want to purchase it, you could use a mix of sesame seeds and dried thyme and oregano.
How to Make Cottage Cheese Dip for Veggies
This easy cottage cheese dip takes only minutes to make. Just combine the cottage cheese and dill in a small bowl, drizzle with olive oil, and top with za’atar and dill. Voila!
How to Serve Cottage Cheese Dip
You can enjoy this dip with your favorite veggies, such as carrot sticks, bell peppers, cucumbers, and cherry tomatoes. It’s also good with whole grain crackers or pita chips for a more filling snack.
- Texture: If you’re not a fan of the texture of cottage cheese, you can always whip it in a food processor.
- Herbs: Substitute chives or parsley for dill.
- Seasoning: You can switch up the flavors by using different spice blends, such as everything bagel or ranch.
- Spicy Dip: Add crushed red pepper for a kick.
More Dip Recipes You’ll Love
Yield: 1 servings
Serving Size: 1 bowl
Combine cottage cheese and dill in a small bowl, drizzle with olive oil and top with Za’atar and fresh dill.
Place on a plate or small platter with cut up fresh veggies.
please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
Serving: 1 bowl, Calories: 186 kcal, Carbohydrates: 21.5 g, Protein: 12.5 g, Fat: 7 g, Saturated Fat: 2 g, Cholesterol: 10 mg, Sodium: 239.5 mg, Fiber: 5 g, Sugar: 11 g