These are the best, crispy Roasted Baby Potatoes made with on a sheet pan with small baby potatoes, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, and grated cheese.
Roasted Baby Potatoes
I often make roasted potatoes in the oven by tossing all the ingredients in a bowl then roasting them in the oven. But my sister-in-law recently made these Sheet Pan Potatoes using a different technique, and I am hooked! You pour the olive oil on the bottom of the sheet pan, then the seasonings and grated cheese. Next, cut the potatoes in half and place them cut-side down on top of the seasoned oil. Sprinkle the tops with salt, then roast them in the oven. The outsides come out golden and crisp, the inside is tender and so much flavor. You’ll never make them any other way! For more roasted potato recipes, try my Roasted Baby Potatoes with Rosemary, Lemon-Parsley Potato Foil Packets, and Roasted Potatoes, Sausage, and Peppers.
Roasted Potato Ingredients
- Potatoes: Use small baby red potatoes, baby Yukon gold potatoes, or multicolor baby potatoes.
- Oil: You’ll need two tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil to drizzle on the pan and olive oil spray for the tops of the potatoes.
- Roasted Potato Seasoning: Garlic powder, Italian seasoning, salt
- Cheese: Grated Pecorino Romano or parmesan cheese makes these potatoes even crispier.
How to Make Crispy Roasted Mini Potatoes
- Prep: Preheat the oven to 400°F and set a rack in the center of the oven. Cut the potatoes in half.
- Season the Potatoes: Evenly cover the bottom of the sheet pan with oil, and sprinkle the oil with garlic powder, Italian seasoning, cheese, salt, and pepper.
- Potatoes: Place the potatoes cut-side down over the seasoned oil. Spritz the tops of the potatoes with olive spray and season with more salt.
- Roast Potatoes: Bake the potatoes for 30 to 40 minutes, depending on the size of the potatoes, until the bottoms are golden, and they’re fork tender when pierced with a knife.
Swap the Italian seasoning for your favorite dried or fresh herbs. Try dried or thyme, fresh rosemary.
Why can’t I get my roasted potatoes crispy?
Here are a couple of tricks for crispy roasted potatoes:
- Use this oven method: Cut the potatoes in half, drizzle oil and seasoning on the bottom of the sheet pan and place the potatoes cut-side down over the seasoned oil. Roast until the potatoes are crisp and golden on the bottom.
- Spacing: Ensure the potatoes aren’t touching on the baking sheet. If they are, they will steam instead of roast.
What to Serve with Roasted Potatoes
These easy sheet pan potatoes go well with so many dishes. Below are some protein and veggies ideas:
How to Store Roasted Potatoes
Oven-roasted potatoes will be the crispiest straight out of the oven, but you can store leftovers in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to four days. Reheat them in the air fryer for the best results, or you can also microwave them.
More Potato Recipes You’ll Love
Yield: 6 servings
Serving Size: 3 /4 cup (scant)
Preheat the oven to 400F and set the rack for the center of the oven. Cut the potatoes in half.
Drizzle the olive oil on the bottom of the sheet pan, spreading out to evenly cover the bottom.
Evenly sprinkle the oil with the garlic powder, Italian seasoning, grated cheese, salt and pepper.
Place the potatoes over the seasoning, cut side down in an even layer. Spritz the tops of the potatoes with olive oil spray and season the tops with a pinch more salt.
Bake in the center of the oven, 30 to 40 minutes, depending on the size of the potatoes, until the bottoms are golden and the potatoes are tender when pierced with a knife.
Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
Larger potatoes may take slightly more time.
Serving: 3 /4 cup (scant), Calories: 150 kcal, Carbohydrates: 18 g, Protein: 3 g, Fat: 7.5 g, Saturated Fat: 1 g, Cholesterol: 1.5 mg, Sodium: 166.5 mg, Fiber: 2 g, Sugar: 1 g