Chicken Piccata is an Italian chicken dish made with mashed chicken breast in a limoncello butter sauce, capers and parsley.
If you are looking for more ways to make chicken breast Exciting, you’ll love this Chicken Piccata recipe. Instead of a ton of butter and oil, my dishes use less oil and a little bit of butter. The taste is so good you won’t miss it! My daughter loves lemons and absolutely loves this recipe.If you want to try this chicken piccata recipe with fish, try Halibut Piccata.
What is Chicken Piccata?
Chicken Piccata is an Italian dish made with capers in a lemon butter sauce.While it’s not always breadcrumbs, we love that this version was inspired by Ina Garten’s Chicken Piccata.
How to Make Chicken Piccata
What to Serve with Chicken Piccata
- pair it with one side rice, Roasted Asparagus or broccoli, or a simple salad.
- If you’re serving it over pasta, you may want to double the sauce so there’s more noodles.
- protein: Replace the chicken with boneless pork chops or white fish.
- Bread crumbs: Swap whole wheat crumbs for panko or gluten-free crumbs. If you can’t find seasonings, you can season plain breadcrumbs with Italian herbs and spices, such as onion and garlic powder, dried basil, oregano, and thyme.
- wine: If you don’t like cooking with wine, switch to chicken stock, or buy a single-serve bottle of wine. You can also freeze leftover wine in an ice cube tray for future use.
- butter: If you are allergic to butter, you can switch to ghee, vegan butter, or olive oil.
- Egg: If you can’t eat eggs, spread Dijon mustard on the chicken before covering with breadcrumbs.
More Italian Chicken Recipes You’ll Love:
Chicken Piccata is an Italian chicken dish served with lemon, wine, butter sauce, capers and parsley.
- 2 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast, 16 oz total
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 large egg whites
- 2/3 Cup Seasoned Whole Wheat Breadcrumbs
- olive oil spray, worth about 1 tablespoon
- 1 spoon whipped butter
- 1 lemon juice
- 1/4 Cup dry white wine
- 1/2 Cup Low Sodium Chicken Broth
- 1 spoon capers
- Lemon slices, service for something
- chopped fresh parsley leaves, service for something
Cut the chicken into 4 pieces, then place the pieces between 2 sheets of parchment paper or plastic wrap and mash to 1/4-inch thickness. Sprinkle salt and pepper on both sides.
In a shallow dish, whisk together egg whites and 1 teaspoon water.
Put the crumbs on another plate. Dip each chicken breast in the egg first, then the breadcrumbs.
Heat a large frying pan over medium to medium-low heat.
Spray one side of the chicken with a generous amount of olive oil spray and place it in the pan with the oil side down.
Spray the top of the chicken liberally and cook 2-3 minutes per side until cooked through. Set aside until you make the sauce.
For the sauce, clean the wok. Melt butter over medium heat, add lemon juice, wine, chicken stock and reserved lemon halves, salt and pepper.
Cook over high heat until reduced by half, about 2 minutes.
Discard half the lemon, add the capers, and serve a chicken chop on each plate.
Ladle over the sauce and serve with a slice of lemon and a dash of fresh parsley.
Air fryer method:
To cook chicken in the air fryer, preheat the air fryer to 370F. Cook for 5 to 6 minutes, turning halfway through, until crisp, golden and cooked through.
Serve: 1piece of chicken, Calories: 262kcal, carbohydrate: 11.5G, protein: 30G, fat: 9.5G, Saturated fat: 2.5G, cholesterol: 88mg, sodium: 233.5mg, fiber: 1.5G, sugar: 0.5G
Key words: chicken breast recipe, chicken piccata, chicken piccata recipe, what is chicken piccata