Almond flour keto donuts (4 grams net carbs) With sugar-free chocolate glaze, it is a quick and easy treat that your family will love.
The simple one-bowl recipe is gluten-free, sugar-free, low-carb and keto-friendly.
Donuts are a popular take-away snack that can be eaten all year round. In recent years, you will find that traditional birthday cakes have been replaced by donut cakes.
Well, if you are on a ketogenic or low-carb diet, it may not be so fun to watch everyone eating Dunkin Donuts or Krispy Kreme without you… Until now, that’s these sugar-free Grain-free donuts!
The ingredients you need
This keto doughnut recipe uses a simple pantry staple, which you may have on hand or easily find in the grocery store.
One ingredient in a doughnut recipe that you may have a hard time finding is a sweetener. You can mix some common sweetener in my food processor or coffee grinder for a few seconds until it becomes a fine powder.
- Almond flour-Almond flour or almond flour is also fine.
- Heavy cream-If you want to make it into a dairy-free doughnut, you can use coconut cream instead of heavy cream.
- Baking powder-not to be confused with baking soda.
- Sweetener-Use your favorite sugar and powdered sugar substitutes. The most popular sweeteners are erythritol, xylitol, allulose and Luo Han Guo sweeteners.
- Vanilla extract-or vanilla extract.
- Cocoa powder-check if sugar is added and avoid drinking cocoa.
- Eggs-fresh eggs are preferred.
- Melted butter-either salted or unsalted butter will work. Adjust the slats while tasting the doughnut batter before baking.
- Salt-adjust the seasoning according to your taste. Adding a little more salt actually helps bring out the sweetness.
For quantity, please refer to the doughnut recipe card below.
To make a doughnut recipe, first preheat the oven to 180C/350F. When your oven heats up, place your doughnut batter in a large mixing bowl.
The first step: making cake batter.
Mix all the dry ingredients together. Add wet ingredients. Mix gently until all the doughnut ingredients are well mixed. This will ensure that your donuts rise evenly during baking.
Step 2: Pour in and bake.
After the batter is ready, you need to scoop the doughnut batter into the prepared doughnut pan that has been brushed with melted butter or sprayed with oil.
The cup filled with each donut shape is 3/4 full. These doughnut recipes will increase, so you don’t want to fill your doughnut pan too full.
Finally, put the donuts in the oven on the middle rack and bake for 15-17 minutes.
Step 3: Cool and glaze.
Remove the cooked doughnuts from the oven. Always let the donuts cool in the pan for at least 10 minutes, then remove and place on a wire cooling rack to cool completely before adding the sugar-free chocolate glaze.
When your donut cools, you can mix the ingredients of the chocolate icing (sugar-free chocolate icing) together, and then dip the top of the cooled donut into the chocolate icing. Put them on the wire cooling rack until it freezes.
Expert tips: Dip the keto doughnut in the icing sugar twice to get a smoother coverage.
Have allergies, dietary restrictions, or just lack one of the ingredients needed to make these almond flour doughnuts? You can find some simple replacement suggestions below.
- cocoa powder -You can completely omit the cocoa powder in the frosting to make vanilla frosting.
- butter -Use melted coconut oil instead of butter.
- Heavy cream -Coconut cream can be used instead of cream. I do not recommend coconut or almond milk because the fat content is very different.
What flavored keto doughnuts can you make? This keto doughnut recipe is a basic almond flour keto doughnut. It’s so easy to dress up and make different changes. You will like all the options!
- Pumpkin spice -Mix some Pumpkin Pie Spice Seasoning Add your batter to get a delicious autumn flavor. Don’t try to add a spoonful of pumpkin puree, it is not necessary, it will make the doughnut mixture too wet.
- Cinnamon Sugar -Use cinnamon sugar coating instead of chocolate icing to give this keto doughnut recipe a rich flavor. Of course, use granular sweeteners instead of sugar to keep carbohydrates low.
- Glazed Keto Donuts -Make a simple glaze instead of icing. The composition of the glaze is simple: sweetener powder, heavy cream and pure vanilla extract.
- Chocolate chips -Add some sugar-free chocolate chips to the batter or doughnut pan before baking.
- White chocolate chips -Sprinkle some sugar-free white chocolate chips in the keto doughnut batter.
You need a donut pan to bake these keto donuts. The batter is very similar to cake batter and cannot be made into a doughnut shape.
You can easily Order donut pan online You can use it for many years. They have metal, which I own, and a silicone doughnut plate.
These donuts are baked in the oven on the central rack. Due to the batter, you may find it a bit difficult to fry the doughnuts. However, you can put a spoonful of batter into the oil to deep-fry the donut holes!
Almond flour keto doughnuts can be stored in an airtight container on the counter for up to 3 days. If you need to store them for longer, you need to refrigerate them.
This low-carb doughnut recipe also freezes very well! Unfrosted keto doughnuts can be frozen for up to 6 months. Be sure to wrap them tightly and store them in a zippered freezer bag to prevent frostbite.
Tips at the top
When I baked these keto doughnuts for the first time, I forgot to adjust the oven rack and put them in the top slot of the oven. Needless to say, they burn very fast.
To ensure that your doughnuts are evenly baked and have a golden yellow surface, be sure to use the middle grill to bake them. Your donuts will become perfect!
Enjoy your innocence keto donuts!
Frequently asked questions about these keto doughnuts
These keto doughnuts are naturally gluten-free, thanks to the use of almond flour instead of all-purpose flour.
I developed this recipe using a regular doughnut pan. I haven’t tried it with the mini doughnut maker, but it should work fine. You just need to adjust the cooking time and watch carefully to prevent them from burning.
No, these low-carb donuts need a real egg to make them rise and become soft and fluffy.
To get the consistency required for the doughnut recipe, add almond flour one tablespoon at a time.If your batter is too dry, add a little more One tablespoon of cream (or coconut cream) at a time.
Almond Flour Keto Donuts (Unsweetened Chocolate Sauce)
Please rate this recipe
Serving size: 6 Donut
Net carbohydrates: 4.1G
Soft and delicious Keto donuts made from almond flour and sugar-free chocolate glaze.
Adjust the weight: 6 Donut
Prevent the screen from dimming
Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F and oil the doughnut pan.
Combine all the dry ingredients for the donuts in a bowl. Then add the wet ingredients. Stir until fully mixed. You should eat doughnut batter that is thicker than cake batter.
Pour the batter into each cup in the doughnut plate until they are about 3/4 full. Depending on the size of the donut plate, you should be able to fill 6-7 donuts. These donuts will rise a lot.
Place the donuts on the rack in the middle of the oven and bake for 15-17 minutes. Then take it out of the oven and let it cool completely, then dip each donut in the icing sugar to frost. Place the frosted donuts on the wire cooling rack until it freezes, then enjoy.
Can’t find a powdered sweetener? The granular sweetener is made into a powdered sweetener through a blender or food processor.