If you want meatless tacos, try these roasted cauliflower tacos made in an air fryer with Peruvian Green Sauce And pickled red onions.
Air Fryer Roasted Cauliflower Tacos
I have tons Air fryer recipe But need a quick vegetarian taco to add to the list. These simple roasted cauliflower tacos are delicious vegetarian tacos made in an air fryer, my favorite appliance. I put Peruvian green sauce, pickled onions, sour cream and coriander on it. You might like more taco recipes, Tzatziki fish tacos, Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos, and Vegan Black Bean Tacos.
How to make pickled onions
If you have never made pickled onions, their production is easier than you think. If you don’t want to pickle them, you can use raw onions in your tacos, but I encourage you not to skip this step-they are so delicious! In addition, pickled onions can be stored in the refrigerator for at least two weeks, which means you can add them to salads, burgers, rice bowls, etc.
- In a small saucepan, heat the apple cider vinegar, water, sugar, and salt until it boils and the sugar dissolves.
- Pour the hot liquid over the onions and bay leaves in a heat-safe bowl.
- Let cool, transfer to a glass jar, and refrigerate overnight.
How to air-fry cauliflower
This Air fryer (affil link) is a quick and easy way to make crispy cauliflower.
- Drizzle the cauliflower with olive oil and season with takin, smoked paprika and salt.
- Spray oil on the air fryer basket (make sure it is a “propellant-free” spray-I like it Bertoli’s) And add cauliflower.
- Cook at 400 degrees for 12 to 15 minutes, shaking the basket halfway.
If you don’t have an air fryer, please bake it in the oven at 400 degrees for about 20 minutes.
- If tagine is not available, chili powder can be used instead.
- Add avocado or red cabbage to get extra vegetables.
- Omit sour cream Vegan Tacos.
- If you don’t want to make Peruvian green sauce, please use store-bought salsa instead.
- Use tortillas Gluten-Free Tacos.
- Replace the tortillas with lettuce wraps Low Carb Tacos.
More air fryer recipes you will like:
Air Fryer Roasted Cauliflower Tacos
If you want meatless tacos, try these roasted cauliflower tacos made in an air fryer!
- 4 Cup Cauliflower florets
- 2 Spoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Tajin
- 1/2 teaspoon Smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 6 Street Taco-sized Tortillas, I use Mr. Tortilla Low Carb
- Pickled red onions, Topping (see below)
- 6 Spoon Peruvian Green Sauce, Topping
- sour cream, Optional
- coriander, For decoration
Pickled red onions
- 1 Shallots, Peel and cut into round slices
- 1/2 Cup Apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 Cup water
- 1 Spoon Cane sugar or maple
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 2 Bay leaf
In a medium bowl, combine cauliflower, olive oil, tagine, smoked paprika, and salt.
Fry the basket with oil spray, add cauliflower, and cook for 12 to 15 minutes at 400F until it turns yellow and soft. Shake the basket halfway.
For pickled red onions
Heat the vinegar, water, sugar, and salt in a small saucepan until it boils and the sugar dissolves.
Put the onion and bay leaf together in a heat-resistant bowl, then pour the liquid on the onion.
Set aside to cool, then transfer to a glass jar and refrigerate overnight.
Pickled onions can make 8 servings. Onions will be kept for at least 2 weeks.
service: 3Tacos, Calories: 284Kcal, carbohydrate: 22.5G, protein: 8.5G, fat: 21.5G, Saturated fat: 3.5G, cholesterol: 4.5Milligrams, sodium: 837Milligrams, fiber: 6.5G, sugar: 11.5G
Blue smart point: 12
Green smart point: 12
Purple smart point: 12
Key words: Tacos, vegetarian, vegan tacos