Peng Shuai denies being sexually assaulted by retired Chinese politicians

[ad_1]

American Air Transport Association

On November 2nd, one belongs to Chinese tennis star Peng Shuai posted accusing Zhang Gaoli, former leader of the Communist Party of China, of sexual assault. Peng wrote in the post: “I was scared that afternoon…I never agreed and kept crying.”

The post was quickly taken down, but before it spread and became a topic in the tennis world.

But now, more than a month after the allegations were published, Peng denied that she had been sexually assaulted. In a video released on Sunday, Peng said the same thing to the Chinese newspaper Lianhe Zaobao. She was interviewed during the upcoming Beijing Winter Olympics promotional activities.

Teacher Peng said so According to the Associated Press:

“First of all, I want to emphasize a very important thing. I never said that I have written that someone has sexually assaulted me. I need to emphasize this very clearly.”

Peng said that she spends most of her time at her home in Beijing, but she can come and go freely at any time-this is worth noting because After the social media post containing allegations of sexual assault was deleted, her safety and freedom were questioned No one has seen or heard from her for weeks.

After the initial post in early November, other references to Peng were also deleted from the Chinese Internet, and the tennis world began to demand proof that she was safe. The athletes expressed their concerns, Women’s Tennis Association suspends all competitions in China indefinitely and An independent investigation is required.

Following the attention of the public in the tennis world around the world, Chinese state media released footage of Peng’s interview on November 20. after one day, The International Olympic Committee announced Thomas Bach, the president of the International Olympic Committee, had a video call with Peng, and she claimed that she was safe.



[ad_2]

Source link

Recommended For You

About the Author: AZ