Jack Paul’s performance continued. On Sunday night, the YouTube star turned into a boxer and took the next step in his development, deciding to defeat former UFC welterweight champion Tyronn Woodley. The two held a Showtime Boxing PPV event at Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse in Cleveland, Ohio.
Paul (4-0, 3 KO) has not passed the second round in his thriving career, and has absorbed some of the biggest heavy punches of his career in the bout, once maintaining his own right after a right uppercut. The loop rope comes from Woodley. But the Cleveland native did a good job of keeping his distance and separating Woodley, and Woodley seemed unwilling to step on the gas and rush to the finish line.
Woodley requested an immediate rematch after the game, and Paul said he would only do so if Woodley maintained his final gentleman agreement by tattooing his name on his body.
Can’t get enough boxing and mixed martial arts? Get the latest news from the world of fighting sports from two of the best people in the industry. Subscribe to Morning Kombat with Luke Thomas and Brian Campbell Get the best analysis and in-depth news, including an instant analysis of Paul and Woodley at the end of the PPV event.
The following is a complete battle card with the latest odds of Caesars Sportsbook. You can also find the viewing information of the game below, as it will be broadcast live on Showtime PPV.
Paul vs. Woodley fight card, the result
- Jack Paul defined. Tyron Woodley made a split decision (77-75, 75-77, 78-74)
- Amanda Serrano (c) def. Yamileth Mercado passed a unanimous decision (97-93, 98-92, 99-91)
- Daniel Dubois (Daniel Dubois) Joe Cusumano first round knockout
- Montana loves definition. Ivan Baranchyk passes the seventh round of Tseung Kwan O (corner kick suspension)
- Tommy Fury (Tommy Fury) Anthony Taylor passed a unanimous decision (40-36, 40-36, 40-36)