Boxing returned to the circus on Saturday, with a pay-per-view event titled a strange duel between 58-year-old former boxing champion Evan De Holyfield and former UFC light heavyweight champion Vito Belfort. Holyfield is succeeding Oscar De La Hoya, who was forced to withdraw after testing positive for COVID-19.
Holyfield vs. Belfort is currently in a strange position and has not yet decided whether this match is an exhibition or a professional match. The Florida Athletic Commission has approved the game, and Holyfield has the final say on whether the game is a performance. The heavyweight legend has to wait until the bell to make a decision, and it is unlikely that any news will be announced sooner, because the official battle as an exhibition may affect the decision to purchase battles for some people.
There are also former UFC champions against Anderson Silva and Tito Ortiz. Silva is a big favorite between his history as a great striker and his defeat of Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. in a boxing match earlier this year. Ortiz was never considered a striker and lost weight in the game against Silva.
Here are the complete battle cards and odds from Cesars Sportsbook, and how to capture all the action on the PPV live broadcast on Saturday night.
Holyfield vs. Belfort Fight Card, odds
- Vito Belfort vs Evan Holyfield, heavyweight
- Anderson Silva vs. Tito Ortiz, heavyweight
- David Haye vs. Joe Fournier, heavyweight
- Andy Vences -110 vs. Jono Carroll -110, super lightweight
Holyfield vs. Belfort Information
- date: September 11 | Starting time: 7 p.m. EST
- Place: Seminole Hard Rock-Hollywood, Florida
- television: Traditional cable and satellite providers | live: television
- Price: 49.99 USD