BCCI Emerges as Dominant Force in ICC’s Next Revenue Distribution Model

In the upcoming revenue-distribution model proposed by the International Cricket Council (ICC), the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) is set to solidify its position as the foremost power player in the cricketing world. According to the model, the Indian board is projected to claim a staggering 40% of the ICC’s net surplus earnings over the next four-year commercial cycle, reinforcing its dominance within the sport.

BCCI: The big player

These revelations, as reported, draw inspiration from the rationale that initially fueled the short-lived Big Three takeover in 2014, albeit with even more pronounced effects, making it more of a “Big One.”

Under the proposed model, the BCCI stands to amass approximately US$ 230 million (Rs. 18,87,26,50,000 Crores) per year between 2024 and 2027, representing a substantial 38.5% share of the ICC‘s annual earnings, estimated at US$ 600 million. In stark contrast, the second highest earner, the England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB), would only pocket US$ 41.33 million, equivalent to a modest 6.89% of the ICC’s earnings. Cricket Australia (CA), the third member of the original Big Three, follows next with a projected earning of US$ 37.53 million (6.25%).

Among the remaining nine Full Members, only the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) is expected to surpass the US$ 30 million mark, potentially receiving US$ 34.51 million (5.75%). The remaining eight Full Members are predicted to receive less than 5% of the projected pool.

Discrepancy among boards

This proposed model highlights the substantial discrepancy in earnings among cricket boards, with the 12 Full Members collectively receiving a significant share of US$ 532.84 million (88.81%) from the projected pool of US$ 600 million. The remaining US$ 67.16 million (11.19 %) would be allocated to the Associate Members.

The overall annual figure is primarily based on the ICC’s estimated earnings of over US$ 3.2 billion solely from the sale of media rights. Notably, the rights were recently sold across five separate global regions, including the lucrative Indian market. lk of this revenue stems from the sale of broadcasting rights in India, where Disney Star* secured a four-year deal for slightly over US$ 3 billion.

Stay updated with all the cricketing action, follow Cricadium on Facebook, twitter, and Instagram

Source link

Recommended For You

About the Author: News Center