Anderson Silva vs. Tito Ortiz: “Spiders” knocked out in the first round of their tremolo round

UFC legend Anderson Silva’s transition to professional boxing continues to make headlines.

Three months after the 46-year-old Silva defeated Julio Cesar Chavez Jr., the Brazilian icon returned to the game on Saturday to defeat the former UFC champion in the first round. Tito Ortiz recorded a wonderful knockout match in the game.

Soon after it started at the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel in Hollywood, Florida, the Triller Fight Club pay-per-view joint main event ended. After being blocked by Ortiz in the first professional boxing match, Silva (3-1, 2 KOs) emerged from behind his defender, hit Ortiz’s chin with his right hand and threw him onto the canvas .

When Ortiz fell, Silva partially landed a pair of subsequent right hands. The native of Huntington Beach, California, seemed to be knocked down in the first blow and was unable to beat the 10 count before regaining consciousness.

After the victory, the former UFC middleweight champion said he was not surprised by the result.

“No, I am training hard for this fight, training hard to show my respect for boxing,” Silva said. “I continue to work every day to show my respect for martial arts.”

Although he ended his UFC career with only one victory in his last eight games, Silva’s reflexes and hand speed are still a problem in today’s celebrity cross-boxing era, which has recently been dominated by YouTube stars- At least in the headlines there are brothers, Logan and Jack Paul.

The original contract weight for the game with the larger Ortiz was 195 pounds, although Ortiz could not reach the weight limit after 200 pounds. But Silva considers that he has participated in the game, both have the advantage of reaching out, but also the advantage of experience. A pair of professional boxing matches in 1998 and 2005. Compared with Ortiz’s wrestling style, Silva also relied more on his hands during his MMA career.

“Grand Master Bruce Lee said,’Like water,’ that’s what I tried to do,” Silva said. “I’m going home to do more training.”

The 46-year-old Ortiz played early as the aggressor, but his shot did not seem to have much power, because he stepped forward and pressed Silva to the rope. Silva remained patient and seemed to hide in the corner willingly, knowing that he could counterattack, and was eventually eliminated in just 81 seconds at the start of the game.

This game is the joint main event of an eight-round heavyweight match between the former four-time champion Evand Holyfield and MMA legend Vito Belfort.

Source link

Recommended For You

About the Author: News Center