NEW YORK, Oct. 7, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — The “Semiconductor Chip Packaging Market by End-user, Technique, and Geography – Forecast and Analysis 2021-2025” report has been added to Technavio’s offering. With ISO 9001:2015 certification, Technavio is proudly partnering with more than 100 Fortune 500 companies for over 16 years.
The potential growth difference for the semiconductor chip packaging market between 2020 and 2025 is USD 487.11 billion. Technavio expects the market growth to be driven by growing investments in fabrication facilities. The rising end-user demand for 3D NAND is creating significant opportunities for chip makers, equipment manufacturers, and material suppliers. To capitalize on this opportunity, vendors in the market such as Samsung Electronics, Western Digital, Micron Technology, Toshiba, SK Hynix, and Intel are investing in new fabrication facilities to increase their production capacity. For instance, in June 2020Samsung Electronics announced its plan to expand its NAND flash production capacity in Pyeongtaek, Korea. Many such investment plans by vendors are expected to foster the growth of the global semiconductor chip packaging market during the forecast period.
In addition, the rising integration of ICs in automobiles will contribute to the growth of the market. However, the need for high initial investments will challenge the growth of market players.
Learn about additional key drivers, trends, and challenges impacting the market growth.
Download PDF Sample Report
The global market is segmented by end-user (OSAT semiconductors and IDMs), technique (3DIC TSV stacks, 2.5D interposers, flip-chip wafer bumping, FO WLP/SiP, and others), and geography (APAC, North America, Europe, South Americaand MEA).
By end-user, the market growth in the OSATs segment will be significant over the forecast period. The growth of the segment can be attributed to the growth in the overall semiconductor industry. Similarly, by technique, the market will observe substantial growth in the 3DIC TSV stacks segment during the forecast period.
APAC will dominate the market growth, occupying 78% of the global market share. The rising integration of ICs in automobiles will be crucial in driving the growth of the regional market. China, Taiwan, Japanand South Korea (Republic of Korea) are the key markets for semiconductor chip packaging in APAC.
Purchasing our full report will provide detailed insights into the contribution of all the segments and regions toward the growth of the global semiconductor chip packaging market. Download Sample Report Before Purchasing
Some Companies Mentioned with their Offerings
- Amkor Technology Inc.: The company offers chip packaging solutions that range from traditional lead frame ICs for semiconductor through-hole and surface mounting, to those required in high pin count and high-density applications such as Stacked Die, wafer level, MEMS, Optical, Flip Chip, Through Silicon and 3D Packaging, under the brand name of Amkor Technology.
- Applied Materials Inc.: The company offers chip packaging solutions by using a broad suite of equipment for advanced semiconductor packaging, including ECD, PVD, etch, CVD, and CMP, that enables customers to implement any packaging scheme, under the brand name of Applied Materials.
- ASM Pacific Technology Ltd.: The company offers chip packaging solutions for the microelectronics, semiconductor, photonics, and optoelectronics industries by offering a diverse product range from bonding to molding and trims and form to the integration of these activities into complete in-line systems, under the brand name of ASM Pacific technology.
- ChipMOS TECHNOLOGIES Inc.: The company offers semiconductor chip packaging solutions that include lead frame-based packages, such as the small outline package, thin small outline package and quad flat package, and the substrate-based packages, under the brand name ChipMOS TECHNOLOGIES.
- FURUKAWA Co. Ltd.: The company offers chip packaging solutions that enable to reduce size and space requirements as a key technology for packages such as Chip Size Package or Chip Scale Package and Ball Grid Array, under the brand name of Fujitsu.
- Greatek Electronics Inc.
- Kulicke and Soffa Industries Inc.
- nepes Corp.
- Tokyo Electron Ltd.
- Veeco Instruments Inc.
- Semiconductor Market in East Asia by End-user and Geography – Forecast and
- Semiconductor Equipment Market by End-user and Geography – Forecast and