Vancouver, British Columbia, November 5, 2021 /CNW/-Reconnaissance Energy Africa Ltd. (“Company” or “ReconAfrica”) (Toronto Stock Exchange:Lake) (Over-the-counter transactions:Rekaf) (Frankfurt: 0XD) and its joint venture partner NAMCOR (National Oil Company) Namibia) Provides preliminary results of the first ever seismic acquisition program in the Kavango Basin in the northeast Namibia.
According to reports October 21, 2021, 450 linear kilometers of seismic data were successfully obtained as planned within the budget. DownUnder GeoSolutions (America) LLC’s third-party processing of these data Houston, TexasAnd Absolute Imaging Inc. in Calgary, Canada, Which starts with acquiring each seismic line, provides a very time-saving and unique interactive method for processing.
Importantly, the initial processing results of seismic acquisition have produced high-quality data, revealing various structural and stratigraphic characteristics, and providing a target-rich environment for the upcoming drilling program scheduled for the beginning of the first quarter of 2022.
Take the early processing result of seismic survey line as an example. This line is shown twice, the first version is the initial explanation, and the second version is the clean version, stating:
- The overall quality of the initial processed data is good.
- The markedly stretched graben with a normal fault system is connected by steep wrench-related shear bands.
- The stratigraphic profile in the graben is well developed.
- The fault resolution is good, and some major faults extend to several kilometers near the surface, and have various types of trap potentials.
- It is consistent with the origin of the rift basin in the Kavango Basin.
Example line 1; north-south line, central Kavango Basin. The length of the line is 66 kilometers.
Two seismic lines can be found through the following links here.
These results are also…