QUEBEC, May 10, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — LeddarTech®a global leader in providing the most flexible, robust and accurate ADAS and AD sensing technology, is pleased to announce the official release of LeddarSteer™, a digital beam steering solution designed for LiDAR smart sensor developers and Tier 1-2 automotive suppliers.
Digital beam steering refers to changing the direction of laser pulses in a LiDAR. Using a stack of alternating liquid crystal cells and polarization gratings enables to steer light at different angles at a specific wavelength in order to augment a LiDAR field of view while maximizing its performance , allowing digital beam steering for LiDAR to be achieved.
LeddarSteer digital beam steering offers a myriad of benefits to LiDAR smart sensor developers and Tier 1 and 2 customers, including:
- Software-controlled on-the-fly adjustment
- Frame-by-frame adjustment
- Preset or customized configuration
- Easy setup and interface
- Voltage-controlled steering
- Multiple LiDAR applications
- Compatible with a wide range of LiDAR architectures
- Enables one LiDAR to address multiple use cases
- Field of view adjustable for various actions, including turns, exits, lane changes and slopes
- Same LiDAR for highway and city driving
Full story available on Benzinga.com