The first few days after a car accident are filled with stress, uncertainty, and anxiety for most people. Dealing with your injuries and vehicle damage is difficult enough, but adding in the difficulty of handling insurance claims and police reports can make this already tough time even more stressful.
We often assume that everyone from the police filing the report to the insurance adjuster handling our claim will do their part responsibly, but this is not always the case. Conflicting stories, problems with insurance coverage, and other discrepancies can cause you to lose benefits that you would otherwise be entitled to.
To protect your rights and keep you from having to deal with unnecessary stresses and financial burdens, personal injury lawyers often end up being your best solution to the problems that you may face after your car accident.
5 Reasons Why You Need a Car Accident Lawyer
- Every state has different laws and regulations. From the requirements on timely filing of police reports and insurance claims to the statute of limitations on how long you can file a lawsuit, your attorney will know the ins and outs of the laws of your state.
Violating any of these laws, even due to lack of knowledge, can keep you from being able to sue for damages and prevent you from exercising other rights.
- Car accident attorneys understand your insurance policy and what benefits you are entitled to receive. Your insurance adjuster’s first loyalty is to the insurance company, and as such, their objective is to limit your claim as much as possible. Your attorneys know exactly what an insurance company is liable to pay out and will work to get you all of your benefits.
- Some damages are long-term and should be compensated for. While the obvious damages to your physical health and property damages are important, so are the long-term mental health traumas, pain, and suffering you had to go through, the emotional stress from your injury and financial difficulties, and ongoing medical bills.
Your knowledgeable car accident attorney, like the ones at https://derricklawfirm.com/library/myrtle-beach-car-accident-attorney.cfm, can see to it that you are compensated for all of the non-physical and financial trouble you have incurred due to your accident as well as the obvious damages.
- To get your full compensation, you must prove your case. There are multiple items that must be completely proven in order to win your case, even if you have a police report and witnesses. Your attorney knows how the case must proceed from start to finish and can ensure that you have everything you need to successfully resolve the lawsuit.
- Your attorney will help you understand what you are going through. Filing an insurance claim, dealing with missing work, trying to recover your health, and fighting for your benefits is enough to stress anyone out. Let a car accident attorney guide you through this time and help you to understand what you can expect while you are healing and waiting for your case to close.
You Are Not Alone – Your Attorney Will Fight For You
It can often feel like you are the only one going through this nightmare that you have been shoved into, but that does not have to be true. The right personal injury car accident attorney will be there with you each step of the way to help you take a stressful situation and make it as smooth as possible to get through.