Production Company is a company which is involved in the production of any goods or services like production, marketing, selling goods or manufacturing supply or sale of plant and machinery or providing technical or consultancy services etc. You can also enter into the business of TV, media or film production business after the formation of a company.
Incorporation of the Company
After you have decided on your field of business you have to incorporate a company and prepare its memorandum of association and article of association. You will have to file all the relevant documents to the registrar of companies and obtain an incorporation certificate for commencement of the company. You also have to decide the name of the company under which you will carry on your business. You will have to comply with the rules and regulations contained in the Companies Act, 2013. The detailed process for incorporating a production company is given below:
- The first thing you have to do is decide the name of your company
- Select the location in which you will have your registered office or headquarters
- Prepare a list of people who are proposed to be your company’s director
- Determine the types of shares like the amount of total paid-up capital, company to be limited by shares.
- You have to file Memorandum of articles and articles of association with the registrar of the company where your headquarter or registered office is situated
- After receiving a certificate of incorporation you can start your business under the name and style of your company.
While carrying on your production business you have to remember that you should always Trademark Registration Online the name of your company so as to exclude others from using your company’s name. Trademarking your company’s name will not only protect your company’s name from unauthorized use but also become a unique brand logo of your company. You can trademark the name and logo of your company by following the process given below:
- Firstly, do a public search to find out whether your trademark is unique
- You have to decide the class of your trademark on the basis of the product you are producing or the services you are providing.
- You have to fill the application form TM-A provided at http://www.ipindia.nic.in/writereaddata/Portal/Images/pdf/FORM-TM-A.pdf
- You have to provide details like your name, address, details of your product etc.
- You then have to submit the application
- The registering authorities will check your trademark application and then if no other same trademark is found will register the same.
Permanent Account Number is allotted by the Income-tax department which provides a unique identity to your company. For a company obtaining a PAN, Registration is mandatory. A company has to obtain PAN for tax purposes. You require documents like details of company, incorporation certificate of your company, address of your company etc.
You have to obtain Tax deduction and collection number so as to deduct tax at source (TDS) or remittance of TDS payment and issue of TDS. You can also obtain TAN by submitting online form 49B at https://tin.tin.nsdl.com/tan/form49b.html. You have to provide details like PAN details and the details of the deducter.
Udyog Aadhaar Registration
Udyog Aadhaar Registration is a must for your production company. Udyog Aadhar is 12 digits unique number which is issued by the Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprise. You can obtain this through the filing of the online registration form and it does not require any documentation. During filing of a form, you have to fill your personal and profession details like Aadhar number, PAN number, Address, Place of business, Email id, Mobile number, Bank Details etc. after obtaining Udyog Aadhar you will get benefits from the Government schemes. You will get a loan for your company from the Government on Low-interest rates.
Advertising or marketing your business
After obtaining all the necessary registration like a trademark, Udyog Aadhar, Permanent Account Number of the company etc. you will have to focus on advertising and marketing your company and business. You can also venture into creating an online presence by creating your website and applications etc.
While starting a production company in India you have to keep in mind a lot of things and obtain a number of registrations. Starting a company has a lot of benefits like the company has a separate legal entity from its members and is governed by the Companies Act, 2013. While starting a company you have to keep in mind the above registration and compliances so your company can work smoothly. The registration like trademark registration and Udyog Aadhar registration are important so as to obtain the protection of your company’s brand and logo and to entitle your company to receive the benefits from governmental schemes.