Cash back credit cards are an easy way to make money on everyday spending. As long as you can be responsible for paying off your credit card each month, cash back credit cards allow you to earn a percentage of every transaction — think of it as a discount on every purchase you make.
The best cash back credit cards offer an impressive cash back percentage, but they should also entice you with a hefty welcome offer, low or no annual fees and other perks that set them above typical credit cards.
Choosing the right cash back credit card for you comes down to finding a card that rewards your specific type of spending: groceries, gas, streaming services, you name it. You’ll also need to consider whether other specific rewards cards — like travel cards , grocery cards or even gas cards — are more in line with your needs.
To maximize cash back rewards, consider opening more than one cash back credit card. Just make sure you pay each card off in full every month, and space out credit card applications by at least six months to protect your credit score.
Not sure where to start? We’ve rounded up nine of the best cash back credit cards currently available. Review each credit card carefully to determine which cash rewards credit card(s) may be right for you.
The Best Cash Back Credit Cards
- American Express Blue Cash Preferred Card: Best Cash Back Credit Card
- Discover it Cash Back: Best Sign-up Bonus
- Citi Double Cash Card: Best for Beginners
- Capital One SavorOne Rewards Credit Card: Best for Dining and Entertainment
- American Express Blue Cash Everyday Card: Best for Groceries
- Wells Fargo Active Cash Card: Best Flat-Rate Cash Back Credit Card
- Chase Freedom Flex: Best Revolving Cash Back Rewards
- Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards Credit Card: Best for Travelers
- Citi Custom Cash Card: Best for Everyday Spending
Blue Cash Preferred Card
Best Cash Back Credit Card
- 6% cash back for groceries and streaming
- 3% cash back on gas…