Rewards credit cards, whether travel or cash back, typically offer a sizable sign-up bonus to attract new applicants. For credit card power users, these are usually easy enough to earn — and can mean anywhere from $200 to $800 in bonus rewards in just a few short months.
The best sign-up bonuses are reserved for credit cards with high annual fees, but you’ve got to spend a lot of money and travel frequently to make those cards worth the cost. For rewards credit card beginners, a credit card with no annual fee offers the lowest risk. The payout will be lower, but you’ll get a chance to feel out how rewards credit cards work without overpaying.
And choosing a credit card with no annual fee doesn’t mean you won’t get any rewards. In fact, you can find several credit cards with no annual fees offering decent cash back or travel points payouts and noteworthy sign-up bonuses — if you know where to look.
To help, we’ve compiled a list of the best no annual fee credit cards with sign-up bonuses.
The Best Credit Card Sign-Up Bonuses With No Annual Fees
- Chase Freedom Unlimited: Best No Annual Fee Card with Sign-Up Bonus
- Discover it Cash Back: Best for Flexible Spending
- Chase Freedom Flex: Best for Big Bonus Potential
- Wells Fargo Active Cash Card: Best for Cash Back
- Capital One SavorOne Rewards Credit Card: Best for Dining and Entertainment
- American Express Blue Cash Everyday Card: Best for Groceries and Gas
- Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards Credit Card: Best for Travel
- Ink Business Unlimited: Best for Small Business Owners
- Citi Double Cash Card: Best for Beginners
- Bank of America Customized Cash Rewards Credit Card: Best for Balance Transfers
- Chase Freedom Student: Best for Students
Chase Freedom Unlimited
Best Overall No Annual Fee Card
- Flat bonus + special grocery bonus
- High cash back rewards for travel and dining
- 15-month 0% APR intro for balance transfers
As far as sign-up bonuses are concerned, the…