Shashi Kapoor Wiki, Bio, Age, DOB, Songs, Latest News: The Bollywood star who born as Balbir Prithviraj Kapoor in 18th March 1938. He did many roles as an actor, producer, director, and assistant director. He also appeared in English-language films especially the films produced by Merchant-Ivory. Check the complete details in short:
- Real Name: Balbir Raj Prithviraj Kapoor
- Profession: Actor, director, producer
- Date of Birth: 18 March 1938
- Date of Death: 4 December 2017
- Death Cause: Chronic Illness
- Age: (as in 2017) 79 Years
- Birth Place: Calcutta, Bengal Presidency, British India
- Place of Death: Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital, Mumbai
- Nationality: Indian
- Religion: Hinduism
- Hometown: Mumbai
- School: Don Bosco High School in Matunga, Bombay
- Father: Prithviraj Kapoor (Director)
- Mother: Ramsarni Mehra Kapoor
- Brothers: Raj Kapoor, Shammi Kapoor (Both of them are actors)
- Sister: Urmila Sial Kapoor
- Shashi Kapoor Son: Karan Kapoor, Kunal Kapoor
- Shashi Kapoor wife: Jennifer Kendal
- Daughter: Sanjana Kapoor
Prime Minister Narendra Modi pays his condolences to the star via his Twitter. “Shashi Kapoor’s versatility could be seen in his movies as well as in theatre, which he promoted with great passion. His brilliant acting will be remembered for generations to come. Saddened by his demise. Condolences to his family and admirers,” he tweeted.
Shashi Kapoor Death:
Shashi Kapoor Movies:
Shashi Kapoor acted in Hindi and English films as the lead hero and he starred in over 175 films. As a child artist, his debut film was Aag in 1948. As an adult, it was Dharamputra in 1961. His first direction on Ajooba in 1991. As a producer, Junoon in 1978.
Shashi Kapoor Facts:
Shashi was sent to a boarding school at a very young age, where he was feeling inconvenience regarding his food.
Shashi Kapoor was presented with the prestigious Dadasaheb Phalke award by Union Information and Broadcasting Minister Arun Jaitley.
Shashi Kapoor was a very popular actor of his time and has acted in several hit films like ‘Kabhie Kabhie’ and ‘Jab Jab Phool Khile’, which were shot in Kashmir. And since most of the actor’s films were shot in Kashmir, the family often holidayed there.
Shashi Kapoor was associated with several blockbuster films and some critically acclaimed ones as well. When it was announced that the veteran actor will be conferred with the prestigious Dadasaheb Phalke Award, his son, Kunal Kapoor revealed that his father had never been a fan of awards.
In 2011, he was conferred Padma Bhushan by the Government of India.
Shashi Kapoor Family Photo:
In 2015, Shashi received Dadasaheb Phalke Award, the biggest award in Indian Cinema.